We just built a game that is so much further ahead than any other project in this space that it’s scary. In a fraction of the time. We have the largest and most skilled team in GameFi. Clearly, it is showing in the speed and quality of our delivery. I’m not talking about us missing a date. I am talking about raw start to finish delivery of the product.
We have nearly 1.5m people who have registered to play our beta.
Kieran Warwick, Illuvium Co-Founder
The only concern I see with this is that once I finish collecting all the Illuvials, I think it’s gonna feel a little bit empty.
The gameplay loop is very solid. You can’t help but feel like, “Yes! Today wasn’t wasted”.
Scoriox, Illuvium Council Member
I backed two game studios who ran out of runway.
It’s always the same story. Most of the issue could have been averted.
It’s just the nature of web3.
Young inexperienced founders flushed with $$$millions via crowd (degen) funding.
Jaganite, Magically Ambassador
Illuvium looks promising on paper. However, there’s very little game development experience in the team and not a ton of footage available – and delays already.
• Deep and enjoyable gameplay mechanics
• Unreal Engine 4 promises immersive world
• 100% of revenue goes back to the community
• Strong token release strategy
• Room for expansion and spin-offs
• Novice development team
• Pitches based on concept art
• Game delay likely
• Only 100 Illuvials at launch
Chris Stead, Finder Sports, Entertainment, and Travel Editor
There were hardly any play-to-earn games in the crypto industry that I could play for hours on end.
I personally have been playing quite a number of these games over the past year and I can shamefully admit that all I’ve had to do was click a few buttons on the screen to earn some crypto.
This is where Illuvium comes in with its claim to be a ‘AAA game on the blockchain’.
While I am absolutely in love with the game design and graphic models of Illuvium, I’ve remembered to take it with a pinch of salt keeping in mind the brutally short life span of games in the blockchain and play-to-earn space.
Kevin Jayaraj, Coin Bureau Writer
What sets Illuvium apart from most of blockchain games is these fully rendered 3D environments, which promise to truly bridge the gap between the world of blockchain and the world of gaming, given that most blockchain games to date have been 2D, sprite-based games.
IGN Staff, IGN Africa
• Potentially one of the first AAA Web3 releases (full launch)
• Strong eSport potential (Arena)
• 2 of 4 games already in beta (which are impressive)
• Fair launch of in-game assets (no pre-sale)
• Player driven economy
• Revenue Distribution
• Underestimated timelines and missed product launch dates
• Runway is only ~12 months (may need additional revenue streams)
• Lacking details on in-game monetization (primarily fuel prices)
I am bullish on the future of Illuvium. The determination of the Warwick brothers (founders) and the quality team they have built has shown what they are capable of. There may be some roadblocks, but I think the team will persevere and overcome them.
Lemz, Ethlizards Social Media & Liason
Whether Illuvium will be the game that bridges web2 gamers over to the world of GameFi is quite uncertain on our end.
Illuvium has perhaps the highest social media follower count of any web3 games to date.
Nicholas (NicoThePico) Korsgård, Balthazar DAO Chief Gaming Officer
Business > Ego
Survival > Crypto Hopes
– Risk management! Remember that Illuvium is a “company” not a crypto-bros-yolo-investment –
Lehalel, Illuvium Community Member
The signs all point towards the closest thing we might have to a triple-A title in our industry with a visually stunning world.
• Stunning visuals
• Over 100 unique Illuvials
• Vast open world with 7 regions
• Mixture or two popular genres
• PC specs barrier of entry
Mostafa Salem, Polkastarter Head of Gaming Research
Demographic insights about Illuvium holders
In total, there are 40,371 unique blockchain wallets that own one or more Illuvium assets in 2023 (excluding overlaps). In other words, the wallets own an ILV or ILV2.